This project is read-only.

Extracting Attachment that is a plain text file

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM

First off thanks for the great libraries that you provided. I've found others but none as complete as your. It has helped me a lot, thanks again for making the libraries available.

I am using the IMAP to download attachment from emails and is successful in doing so except when the attachment is a plain text file. I am able to find the attachment in the ViewInfo of the MessageInfo but attachment is zero so I cannot issue the imapClient.FetchAttachment(attInfo). The Views from MesasgeInfo does not contain the actual byte stream to write to file. Is there another way of saving text file attachment?

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Sovled my problem. I was checking the BodyStructure first to determine attachments count which works great for binary file but not plain text file. To overcome this I simply fetch from the message by usin the sequence number which the returned message does have the attachment. Any idea why the body structure does not contain information on plain text file attachment and does for binary?

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Hi there,

I'm glad you like the lib.

There was an issue regarding plain text attachments, it was however fixed AFAIK.

If you used the recommended download, I suggest to download the latest source and build the project yourself.

If this doesn't help debugging will be the only solution, unfortunately due to time constraints I am currently not able to actively develop the lib.

Should you find the defect I will be happy to add the patch.

Regards Alexander