How to fill in a message?

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM

hi there everyone

i'm trying to use this library and when filling in a Message , i see no field for the body of the message, i tryied the message with no body and it's working , so where can i fill in the message's body????

another thing is ; where can we find a documentation , a full documentation or simply a how-to

thank you

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Edited Sep 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi altaiir,

messages don't have bodies they have views. You can add for Instance an html view by using the following code.

var message = new Message();
message.Views.Add(new View {
    Text = "myText",
    MediaType = "text/html"
});

You can add as many views as you like, however most clients only support "text/plain" and "text/html".
The only documentation is under the Documentation tab, due to time shortages it is not yet fully completed and covers little to no basics. 

Regards Alex

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM

hi,

thank you for explaining that, i'm a beginner coding with visual basic 2010 that's why i was searching for some "recognizable" words like "body" :)

now this is working as good as expected i was able to send a mail in html format and plain text, but i'm confused about views ; in intellisense this is marqued as ReadOnly !!! 

Another thing about "SecurityPolicies" :  (None - "TLS" Implicit - "SSL" Explicit) ; Now, in my working example , using "smtp.live.com" on port 25 with SSL , The Implicit (TLS) one was the right !!!

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Hi,

I'm glad you figured it out. Views is marked as read only to avoid beeing able to do this.

message.Views = null;

This means the reference to the list can"t be changed, the list can.

Regards Alex

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Understood ;) , thank you , i'm trying to be more confortable with the library now, good work